RSS

Worship God with the Psalms

12 Aug

Our local church Omaha Bible Church recently went through a sermon series on worship. The series culminated with the final two sermons focusing on music in worship. While we were in the middle of the final two sermons I happened upon this little group from “down under” called Sons of Korah. They record and perform songs with lyrics that are straight out of the biblical Psalms. I found this live performance of them doing Psalm 117. Enjoy!

Advertisements

8 Comments

Posted by on August 12, 2007 in Omaha Bible Church, Praise, Sons of Korah, worship

8 responses to “Worship God with the Psalms

1. Nath @ Reformed Geek

August 12, 2007 at 10:59 am

I’ve seen them perform live – it truly was a blessing.

2. barrydean

August 12, 2007 at 11:15 am

Ay, g’day Nath. Maybe I’ll get to see them in the states sometime soon.

3. Scott

August 13, 2007 at 5:47 pm

That was amazing! Thanks for finding and sharing that!

4. Robin

August 14, 2007 at 12:11 am

That was just awesome worship! Is it just me, or do they sound like ‘Burlap to Cashmere’?

5. barrydean

August 14, 2007 at 2:14 am

Scott,

You are welcome. I see that you posted something about them as well. You rock!

Rib,

Yes, it was the same thing that I thought of when I first heard this particular song. Burlap to Cashmere actually have a Myspace page.
    Link below.

Burlap to Cashmere

6. Tyler

August 14, 2007 at 3:47 am

Barry!

This might be something you’d want to share with your music minister at church. Duh! I’ll check them out soon.

Tyler

7. barrydean

August 14, 2007 at 4:18 am

Tyler my brother,

You are too funny. I gave pastor Pat their name on a slip of paper a couple of weeks ago. I think it was right after the final worship sermon. I think maybe I gave it to the wrong person. Please check them out fellow music dude.

8. Scott